At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Software Developer Associate within PNC's Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), you will be based in Austin, TX.
The mission of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is to increase developer confidence in changes to the production environment with a focus on performance and uptime by optimizing the developer workflow on different compute platforms and by supporting the development teams with tools, expertise, guidelines and development. Key foundations of the team are Communication, collaboration and trust. Our team objectives are:
• Reduce Risk – Enable safe & secure service deployments in production systems.
• Improve visibility – Build a fast and easy-to-use search and suggest service to understand the current state of the entire infrastructure.
• Optimize incident management – Launch a platform to measure service availability, uptime, outages and toil and to run blameless postmortems.
This role evolves working with the development teams and application architects helping them develop more reliable solutions for their applications. An example of the work is the creating of a password vault to eliminate the risk of passing user name and passwords throughout their application. Using technology such as Python and Java. As a Software Developer Associate you will be heavily involved in writing code and working with your AGILE team and internal customers. Internal customer include, but not limited to, Asset Management Group (AMG), Retail, Corporate and Institutional Banking (C&I B), Technology Infrastructure Systems (TIS).
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in technology related fields
• Willing to learn new technology
• Work in an AGILE environment
• Troubleshooting skills
• Ability to support one or more enterprise tools or applications
• Willing to learn how to design and implement highly-available and fault-tolerant solutions
• Knowledge of source control and configuration management principals and workflow patterns using “Git”
• Understanding of continuous delivery and how to implement a continuous delivery workflow
• Understanding of Agile software development concepts (for example, Scrum, Kanban)
• Excellent documentation skills
• Proven ability to communicate using oral and written methods
• Passion and interest to continually automate manual processes
• Working Knowledge of: Linux, Git
• Programming language: C, C++, Java, Python. (Must know how to develop and write code in most of these languages) .
- Assists in the development, testing, and implementation of software solutions.
- Assists with designing software solutions.
- Writes code, tests and deploys software.
- Prepares technical and procedural documentation required for software.
- Maintains and debugs software.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Maintenance – Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.
Application Testing – Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Technical Writing/Documentation – Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Disability Accommodations Statement
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.