Location: Sheetz Corporate – Claysburg, PA
We sell hot dogs, beer, gas, and a bunch of other things, but were really in the business of convenience and that should resonate with you. At Sheetz, we have a history of making our customers lives easier. We pioneered self-service touch screens for ordering food. We rolled out our industry leading Sheetz mobile app long before curbside pickup was around. Although were not a tech company, technology has been at the forefront of our success. And who makes that happen? You do!
Building, integrating and supporting the cutting-edge applications that power 600+ stores, 22,000 employees and millions of customers isnt an easy job, but thats why we do it! And we do it in an award-winning culture thats casual and fun. If youre looking for a Made to Order career, hit that APPLY button and lets chat!
All team members are remote due to the pandemic, keeping our employees safe is most important to us. After we transition back to office work when it's safe, we do have the option for remote work arrangements for candidates living within our 6 state footprint.
What youll do:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and customer requirements for software
- Develop new applications using pre-approved programming languages that meet or exceed the needs of the company.
- Create and tune SQL queries as part of the software development process.
- Define, create and maintain application/system documentation including Technical/User Documentation, Test Cases, Release notes, etc.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of one or more applications, systems, or development languages; whether open source, internally developed or purchased.
- Maintain all assigned applications / systems; create and implement regular updates to address customer and company requirements.
- Analyze applications/systems to identify, research, and document weaknesses and errors.
- Ensure software security by adhering to Sheetz established Secure Software Development Guidelines.
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members.
- Stay up to date on the latest development tools and industry trends as they relate to Sheetz
- Provide troubleshooting and escalation support in collaboration with all areas of IT and Sheetz Vendors to minimize business impact on and off normal business hours. Sheetz is open 24/7/365 and as such, our internal and external customers may require assistance at any time.
Experience youll bring:
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
- A four-year degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering; or a four year degree in another field of study which includes courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience developing and implementing software solutions, including the following:
- Experience developing secure software systems based upon industry specifications (understanding of OWASP, PII and PCI is a plus)
- Experience working on large-scale software projects
- Professional program certification in Java is strongly preferred
Tools & Equipment
How youll grow:
We are an innovator in our space and we want to make sure you can keep doing that. We are happy to send you to conferences and continuing education to make sure you continue to be the expert in your field.
We also provide employee training programs to continue your growth in your field while here. We believe theres always room to learn and we offer opportunities to gain hands on experience. Our employees are always encouraged to explore new opportunities, especially within our organization.
We have all the perks you would expect from a leading employer, such as medical, dental & vision, in addition to that we have:
- Employee Stock Ownership
- College Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan a 4% match!
- Employee Profit Share
- VIP Sheetz Membership (Discounts!)
Sheetz, Inc. is a fast-growing, family-owned, food/convenience company that has been in business since 1952. Sheetz has over 600 locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina.
Our mission at Sheetz has been to meet the needs of customers on the go. Of course, things have changed over those nearly 70 years. Life is faster and busier, and customers expect us to be there when they need us most. One thing that hasn't changed is our commitment to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate. Sheetz donates millions of dollars every year to the charities it holds dear.