At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Software Developer Principal within PNC's Retail MIS Technology organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Strongsville, OH
Successful candidates will have the following experience:
• Looking at high-level solutions during segment planning and story grooming.
• For those stories which require more complex functionality implementation, perform architectural design work in coordination with PNC architecture team
• Provide ideas or recommendations on solution designs for assigned stories, including ideas on how to break it down into tasks, and reviewing these with the Tech Lead
• Proposes, designs, develops, and unit tests software solutions to address complex business needs.
Crew Agile Process
• Work with crew to break down a full groomed story into tasks for developers. Accurately size the approximate level of effort / story points to the tasks
• Represent crew technically on crew ceremonies and other meetings
Crew Developer Support
• Perform code reviews with developers and identify where coding standards have not been met
• Have a strong familiarity with coding standards, as well as familiarity with test class coverage
• Mentor and provide constructive feedback to other crew developers
• Work with the PNC DevOps team on a regular basis. Stay informed on process updates and coordinate the rollout with the crew
• Review crew DevOps pull requests, work with developers on merge conflicts, approve as appropriate
• Work with Release Manager to review the production playbook / implementation plan for each release
• Provide support during production code releases
SalesForce Certifications are strongly preferred
- Aligns business strategy with software solutions.
- Proposes, designs & codes software solutions to address complex business needs. Oversees technical and procedural documentation required.
- Leads complex problem solving.
- Provides technical guidance and support to colleagues and solution development.
- Displays an innovative approach to apply modern principles, methodologies and tools to advance business initiatives and capabilities.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
Product and Vendor Evaluation – Knowledge of and ability to implement processes for the evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components ensuring they are in line with an organization's business needs and architectural principles.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) – Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.