What you'll do…
Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions. Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
About the team:
The Special Integrations team (in the Strategic Initiatives group) works to make sellers’ lives easier by automatically exchanging data between Seller’s applications and Walmart. We use the latest technologies to ensure that the exchanges are accurate, timely and fault tolerant. Our applications run in the cloud, and we are in the process of preparing for orders of magnitude increase in scale.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are a total code ninja (Java, NodeJS, Python).
- You have built highly available, consistent, fault tolerant systems that scale to millions of transactions per minute.
- You understand the connection between business drivers and technology solutions.
- You introduce new technologies and ideas, while bearing in mind that reliability and supportability is key.
- You enjoy mentoring junior engineers and hiring great new talent.
- You use metrics as a guiding principle in deciding how and what to do.
- You are a leader in DevOps
You’ll make an impact by:
- Driving designs of high throughput, reliable, fault tolerant systems.
- Writing (and causing to be written) excellent code.
- Constantly considering scale, supportability and diagnostics for the apps that you work on.
- Participating significantly in process (human and tech) analysis and improvement.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
800 W California Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.