What you'll do…
Staff Software Engineer
Search processes billions of queries for millions of products on Walmart sites and apps worldwide. Whenever a user types in a query or browses through product categories on the website, phone, or iPad, our service goes to work. We mine structured and semi-structured data from product catalogs, social web, transactions, query logs, etc. at an unprecedented scale. We work on big data problems, cutting-edge relevance algorithms from information retrieval, machine learning, and ranking to deliver a high-availability, low-latency service, which directly impacts business metrics.
- Participates in the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with a high-level design
- Designs, implements, and tests complex code changes for specific business requirements
- Analyzes business needs and develops plans to implement software requirements in conjunction with product management and architects.
- Independently handles high impact, critical software/systems monitoring issues and tickets/ incidents.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Be excited about making an immediate impact on a global scale
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- 6+ years of experience with building scalable, highly distributed, high performing, and robust Java applications
- Extensive Java / JEE programming experience with a focus on server-side components
- Proficient hands-on experience in debugging, troubleshooting, and performance tuning Java Application
- Extensive experience in developing Web applications, Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with open-source search engines like solr, lucene, or elastic search
- Advanced scripting skills in at least one of the following: Python, Perl, or Shell and willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (i.e. Jenkins, Hudson, Maven)
- Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, JIRA, etc)
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (GitHUB, SVN, CVS, Clearcase)
- Expertise with some or all of Apache, JBoss / Tomcat, Jetty, JMS, or other application servers like WebLogic, etc.
- Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
- Experience in the search domain highly desirable
- Experience with big data methodologies involving Hive/Hadoop/ Spark, knowledge of relational databases
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
800 W California Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.