What you'll do…
It’s an exciting time to join our Walmart journey. We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer for a key position on Walmart’s continued initiative for Last Mile Delivery. Last Mile Delivery is the platform that powers Walmart’s Grocery and Same Day Delivery propositions. Last Mile Delivery is expected to grow multiple times over in the next few years. In this role, you will develop highly scalable services to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software engineering problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology. You will drive projects of high visibility across the organization while leading the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers across geographies.
What you’ll bring…
- 10+ years of working experience in Java/J2EE
- 3+ years of working experience in Cloud Components and Architecture
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and be able to articulate complex technical concepts in an approachable way for broad audiences.
- Demonstrated high level design of systems
- Solid experience in large scale distributed systems and event-driven architecture.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Have experience with Java runtime
- Have designed, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Have experience with Kafka or other high volume-low latency messaging infrastructure
- Have experience with Azure Cloud Stack or other cloud stacks
- Have led or been part of modernizing tech stack or have migrated from on-prem to public cloud
- Have the knowledge of open-source libraries, design patterns and micro-service architecture. Familiarity with CI/CD and unit testing
- Have the knowledge of Kubernetes and other CNCF tools
- Have been Mentoring other team members
- Lead others with respect
- Are curious and have the desire to learn
What you’ll do…
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, Last Mile Operations, project management, business and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.