What you'll do…
It’s an exciting time to join our Walmart journey. We are seeking a Staff Engineer (mainly backend. Full stack preferred) for a key position in Walmart’s ecommerce platform initiatives. This is the Platform Team that provides platform for the entire Walmart ecommerce and other Walmart pillars. We are on the cutting edge of technology and the teams continues to push the technology boundaries to grow.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Have a desire to work on an ecommerce team
- Have a passion for technology
- Have the desire to learn
You’ll make an impact by…
- Contributing to our large scale ecommerce team
- Growing Walmart’s growth to using cutting edge technology
- Contributing to Operational Excellence
- Having a voice on the tech stack
What you'll do…
- Be responsible for various key product developments including but not limited to Microservices platform, Service Mesh, Application Configuration Management System, GraphQL etc.
- Own the module and product level deliverables
- Provide Operational Support and Customer Support
- Lead and participate in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects from strategy, high level design all the way to the implementation and product rollout
- Lead the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers for assigned engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, examples and identify short- and long- term solutions and timelines
- Review and approve proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns and perform design and code reviews of changes
- Troubleshoot business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause), engage support teams to assist in the resolution of issues, formulate an action plan directing actions as designated in the plan, interpreting the results to determine further action
- Perform root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues and completing online documentation
- Support business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities, addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives), identifying short and long-term solutions and lead cross-functional partnership
- Lead the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, Web Operations, project management, business and user experience teams obtain cross-function approvals drive proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas
- Develop Innovation strategies, processes and best practices by leading internal technical teams, partnering with cross-functional teams across the business develop assessments of key opportunities, documenting project scopes, developing long-range plans and project timelines, communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization
What you’ll bring…
- Skills that you would need to join the team:
- Strong Backend Development experience
- Java, C++, Golang, Rust, Scala, ReactJS, Node.js experience
- Thorough DB experience including Relational Databases, NoSQL, Document DB etc.
- Enterprise scale application development experience with high availabilities
- Skills that would make you stand out.
- Microservices stack including Service Registration System, Service Mesh Pattern
- Actively participated in open source community such as Envoy, Istio etc.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Configuration Management System experience
- Functional programming or Reactive programming
- Frontend development experience
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
2628 NE UNIVERSITY VILLAGE ST, SEATTLE, WA 98105-5023, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.