Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries, and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to resolve integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications and roll-outs of software releases.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- This role should display knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, process design, and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented principles.
- Experience defining RESTful APIs and developing RESTful Web Services.
- Strong knowledge of Spring Framework (including Spring Data, Spring Security, and Spring Boot).
- Practical experience with NoSQL database technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Redis).
- Experience with relational database technologies preferably PostgreSQL.
- Working knowledge of utilizing and administering Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools for software development (e.g. Git, Subversion).
- A big plus if you have experience building applications based on Microservices Architecture and deployed in containers (Docker, AWS Containers, etc.) on a Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Experience with messaging/streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, SQS).
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows.
- Experienced with the Agile/Scrum development model using Agile tools (e.g. Jira, Rally).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with team members
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, etc, or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years related work experience.
Bonus if you have experience in:
- Experience using Java 8 Generics, Lambda Expressions, and Streams are plusses.
- Full-stack experience
- Experience in a DevOps environment
- Current or past experience within a Comcast development group is desirable.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
About Our Team:
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated to provide our customers with the best online video publishing and management solutions in the industry.
We are a team of incredibly bright and driven people, who also believe in having fun. We enjoy a dynamic and flexible work environment and hope you will consider joining us.
We offer competitive compensation and spectacular benefits typically seen only at very large organizations. The following are a few of the many benefits we provide:
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical and Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Courtesy Services – We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet, as well as deeply discounted phone services and other features.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
Learn more at https://jobs.comcast.com/life-at-comcast/benefits
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.