Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Software Development Manager Job Summary
Our company is looking for a Software Development Manager to oversee our development team. Our ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science, as well as several years of experience in the field. We prefer candidates who have spent some of this time in a leadership position. In this role, you will hire new development staff, oversee each aspect of the development process, and act as the liaison between your team and upper management. You should be skilled in Oracle, Oracle SQL, Linux, and marketing basic principles. You should also be familiar with both database and application development. An understanding of all direct/email communication protocols would be a plus.
- Oversees database administration, design and development.
- Develops and implements business plans, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborates with other departments to prioritize database development needs.
- Oversees subordinates performing database maintenance and enhancements.
- Evaluates results within business unit to determine if organizational objectives are being met.
- Analyzes and resolves database development and administration issues and needs as related to design, coding, and modification of databases and database applications
Job responsibilities are subject to change as directed by management
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Able to apply innovative approaches to solving design and technical issues.
- Able to oversee the design of databases according to company and/or industry standards and make tuning recommendations.
- Able to understand complex queries.
- Excellent knowledge of database administration, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and systems analysis procedures.
- Excellent working knowledge of database software and operating systems.
- Familiarity with design and implementation of large-scale relational databases for decision support.
- Proven expertise in relational database design, administration and support.
- Solid data modeling skills.
General Management Essential Functions:
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function.
- Able to manage career paths by coaching and mentoring direct reports. Holds associates accountable for their work by setting expectations, achieving commitments, providing feedback, and evaluating effectiveness. Provide technical leadership in the organization.
- Provides direction to individual contributors.
General Management Knowledge & Skills
- Able to communicate effectively, upwards and downwards within the organizational structure.
- Able to solve complex problems and issues.
- Able to recognize and manage new business opportunities.
Leveling Differentiators / Education
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in a related field. Previous leadership experience required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Oracle Certification – a plus.
- Oversees the daily operation of one or more departments. Directs staff in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and programs. Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results including costs, methods and staffing. Adheres to both company policy and governmental regulations concerning department and direct employee activities. Manages departmental structure, workforce planning, career development, training, planning and budgeting. Responsible for department budget.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.