8901 – Corp Office West Crk – 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
At CarMax, we want to disrupt our industry by empowering customers to buy a car on their own terms. As a Software Engineer on the Systems Integration team, you will be part of an exciting team, providing key contributions that enable our customers and associates to have a world class car buying experience. Your hands-on development will directly contribute in countless ways and include solutions that bring business and an array of technology together.
About the position
We are seeking a Software Engineer for our Tibco Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technology platform who is experienced with integration technologies as well as business acumen, which are essential for success. Your retail environment experience and expertise with Tibco ESB technologies, API’s, services, and cloud-based technologies, will help drive technology toward our business goals. The solutions you create will bridge classic systems with transformational on-premise, and cloud-based solutions throughout the entire CarMax ecosystem. As a Software Engineer, you will work side by side with other developers and Product teams, designing, building, and implementing integrations utilizing our ESB. Your experience and expertise will be leveraged to guide our ESB technology by establishing and reinforcing best practices with other ESB developers.
What you will do – Essential responsibilities
- Partner with Product teams to define technical solutions to business problems while promoting best practices.
- Design and develop integrations and applications utilizing EBS technology.
- Define and promote ESB development best practices.
- Implement continuous integration and DevOps practices, including automated testing.
- Develop robust monitoring and alerting.
- Create technical and support artifacts for applications and integrations.
- Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation as the support expert for team owned platforms and applications.
Qualifications and requirements
- Strong teamwork skills, ability to learn quickly, excellent written and spoken communication required.
- 8+ years of hands-on ESB integration application development experience required.
- Working knowledge of programming languages/platforms using the Tibco suite of ESB products.
- Experience integrating on-premise and cloud-based technologies required.
- Experience working with version control systems (SVN, Github, etc.), build management and CI/CD tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, etc.), and monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of REST APIs, SOAP, and JMS.
- Knowledge of JSON and XML concepts, frameworks and standards.
- Knowledge of relational databases required; SQL server preferred.
- Experience working with Agile and DevOps methodologies preferred.
- 5+ years of retail industry experience, preferred.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred.
Experience in the following
- Tibco Business Works (BW) 5.x required.
- Tibco Enterprise Messaging System (EMS) 8.x required.
- Relational database technology development experience required; SQL Server preferred.
- Hands on experience in developing and consuming REST endpoints in Tibco BW 5.x
- Familiarity with security patterns for rest endpoints.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.