Senior Software Engineer – Backend
This position is based in Portland, Oregon
What You Get to Do in This Role
- Be part of a team of super-smart engineers building the next-gen multi-tenant SAAS applications
- Develop the expertise in the CDK Global key legacy technologies and products to be able to develop and maintain such products on an on-going basis
- Assist with on-premises legacy solutions as needed, refactor legacy solutions into cloud-based solutions
- Design and implement comprehensive software solutions that meet functional requirements in support of a given initiative
- Implement proof of concepts, frameworks, or libraries as needed
- Participates in design and code reviews for other development projects
- Proactively identify areas for optimization and troubleshoot application slowness and performance issues to provide appropriate solution
- Improve and meet service availability, reliability, performance, scalability and security SLAs through tuning, automation, tools, and process
- Develop application test plans. This can include regression, integration, or full system test plans.
- Get intensive training/coaching on following key legacy technologies and products to takeover some of the CDK Global legacy products.
- Drive and Drive Flex Architecture, Design, Implementation, Deployment, Operations, and Support
- Reality, which is the Basic programming language, the English query language and the PROC (procedural) scripting language, is written in Reality Assembly Language. CoRA (Common Reality Architecture) is a system that translates Reality Assembly Language into C and replaces some of the code that would not be appropriate to translate, such as the reality kernel, with code written directly in C language. The translated code and direct C code are linked together to form the reality executable.
- Supporting CoRA (Common Reality Architecture) requires:
- A working knowledge of Basic, English, and PROC (procedural) programming.
- A knowledge of the reality assembly language and the environment it creates.
- C programming.
- General Unix knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Information Technology). An advanced degree in a related area, an asset
- Minimum of 8 years of experience – design, development, and operationalization of scalable, resilient, high-volume client-facing web and service-oriented applications
- Hands on experience with programming languages like C
- Ability to grasp and assimilate unfamiliar technologies quickly and be comfortable implementing them
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while demonstrating initiative and using good business acumen
- Expertise in developing cloud solutions and supporting application migrations to the cloud (AWS preferred)
- Expertise in SOA, APIs, web services concepts, and standards.
- Experience in designing and implementing large server software with particular attention to security, scalability and high performance
- Work in an Agile environment with CI and CD process
- Experience with Git, Atlassian stack, monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience in working with DevOps, container development and authentication schemes
At CDK, we believe inclusion and diversity are essential in inspiring meaningful connections to our people, customers and communities. We are open, curious and encourage different views, so that everyone can be their best selves and make an impact.
CDK is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive workforce where everyone is valued. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, creed or religion, age, disability (including pregnancy), results of genetic testing, service in the military, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US. CDK may offer employer visa sponsorship to applicants.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.