About the position
The Candidate will be working as an R&D Customer Product Engineer for Aura Session Manager (ASM) and Virtualization (Avaya AVP, ASP130, VMware vSphere) for both Cloud native and On-Premises solutions.
To be successful in this role you will be passionate about technical issues and customer satisfaction.
- Programming Knowledge: Java technologies, Wildfly, IBM WebSphere, Advanced C/C++, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, nginx, XML, Regex, Linux Shells, Python, Perl
- Experience with Avaya Aura Core Applications (Session Manager, System Manager, Communication Manager, Session Border Controller, Avaya Media Server, Breeze, etc.)
- Operating System: Linux and vSphere/ESXi administration and troubleshooting
- Network Protocol Analysis, SIP, TCP, UDP, TLS, HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, SSL, RTP, SRTP, RTCP, SRTCP, DNS, NTP, tshark, tdpcump, ESXi Network Stack, pktcap-uw
- Ability to analyze Linux application performance and identify potential application performance bottlenecks, and to facilitate root cause analysis of hypervisor, guest OS, or application problems.
- Enterprise Virtualized environments: VMware vSphere products including ESXi,(Required), oVIrt/KVM, AWS, Azure
- Experience with Network Storage systems (QNAP, XigmaNAS, NFS, iSCSI) for use in virtualized environments
- Experience with Seibel ticketing systems, Confluence, JIRA, Sharepoint
About the responsibilities
- Troubleshoot issues with respect to application operation, interoperability, and standards-based SIP communication. Detection and Isolation of protocol issues to problematic systems.
- Troubleshoot issues with respect to virtual private cloud involving onsite VMware or KVM environments. Isolate issues with application, guest OS’s, virtual compute, memory, or storage subsystems.
- Work closely with field services engineers, business partners, customers, and R&D development engineers to resolve issues on systems in the field.
- Maintenance of customer environment troubleshooting lab systems. Ability to simulate customer environments within a virtual lab configuration.
- Experience with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) solution troubleshooting and SIP messaging. Familiarity with the many SIP related RFCs.
- Experience with protocol analysis relating to SIP, HTTP/S, SOAP, UDP, TCP, TLS, SSL, certificates, etc.
- Experience with Avaya enterprise solutions, especially in the Aura core applications (Session Manager, System Manager, Communication Manager, Session Border Controller, etc.)
- Troubleshooting hypervisor, guestOS, and application issues in Virtual Environments on VMware ESXi, KVM, AWS
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.