Software Engineer II
The Software Engineer II – Product Security ("Product Security Engineer") will join a stellar team of strong, self-motivated engineers, to create dev-first security software capabilities. These applications and services aim to protect the Cox Automotive developer experience and make it easy for software engineers to do the right thing for application security.
The Software Engineer-II will work with AWS and other cloud technologies as well as a variety of open source products and frameworks. The ideal candidate for the role will be involved in many aspects – help evolve our existing architecture, reduce complexity, work with engineering teams to improve operations, and implement new features and functions. Beyond automation of onboarding or usage of our application security tools, we strive for continuous improvement of processes and the integration of best practices. We're looking for someone who has an interest in application security, cloud technologies and a passion for getting things done.
- Reporting to the Product Security Director, serves as a member of the Product Security Engineering team
- Works with partner engineering teams to create applications and services that align to common capabilities
- Create highly available and scalable solutions using microservice architecture
- Create tools and capabilities to help engineering teams deliver and deploy secure software
- Design and build monitoring systems for these applications and services
- Consistently exhibits a positive attitude and desire to help the team to succeed
- Participate in On-call rotation with the team (once every 3-4 weeks)
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably Computer Science major, and 2+years of experience required
- Minimum 2 years of experience with RDBMS (e.g., MySQL) and NoSQL technologies
- Minimum 3 years of experience building software applications with technologies like C#, Java or Python
- Experience managing and supporting applications and services
- Solid understanding of DevOps – automated deployments and release orchestration
- Experience managing, building, debugging and deploying Docker containers
- Trunk based development using Git
- Must be comfortable with build and deploy tools
- Understanding of Microservices architecture and design concepts
- Familiarity with OOP and REST principles
- Fundamental understanding of modern cloud architecture (containerization, databases, message queueing, events, etc.)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code technology such as Terraform
- An understanding of deployment methodologies like Blue/Green, Canary, etc.
- Familiarity with various Cloud monitoring tools (Cloudwatch, Datadog, Splunk)
- Familiarity with networking and network security
- Familiarity with Cloud security tools
- Experience with scalable networking technologies
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as OS (Linux and Windows), Network, Database, Server, Storage etc.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.