We are seeking a Software Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related Engineering field and at least 3 years of related experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies – those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
What to look forward to:
As a Software Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to assist in the analysis of our existing software and systems and the definition, design, and development of new software and system requirements. You'll provide creative and agile solutions to keep our business competitive. You'll be responsible for performing coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of our systems and software throughout our application development process and analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelor's degree in related engineering discipline and typically 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience with Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in tracking parts, interfacing and modifying different websites
- Familiar with trouble-shooting and resolving issues
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Understanding of industry standard software languages such as C, C#, C++, HTML, Java, Python, and Bash
- Proficient with data structures SQL, relational databases and database extensions
- Experience with software tools for requirements tracking, code reviews, static analysis, library and artifact repository, and automated build
- Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.