We are seeking a Software Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related Engineering field and at least 6 years of related experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies – those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
What to look forward to:
As a Software Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to assist in the analysis of our existing software and systems and the definition, design, and development of new software and system requirements. You'll provide creative and agile solutions to keep our business competitive. You'll be responsible for performing coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of our systems and software throughout our application development process and analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems
- Ensures software standards are met
- Elicit, derive, and document software and/or system requirements to meet internal or external customer specifications
- Define software/and or system architecture, design software modules, and produce associated documentation per corporate or customer standards
- Write and test software modules and integrate with other software and/or hardware components
- Development in C++ and/or C#.
- Testing, design, and integration of software systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related Engineering discipline and at least 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience designing and developing airborne imaging system command and control software
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large teams
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance required
- Experience with C#, C++, HTML, Java, Python, Bash, database design and/or SQ
- Experience with designing and developing software
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.