Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Strong understanding of Object Oriented principles.
Experience defining RESTful APIs and developing RESTful Web Services.
Strong knowledge of Spring Framework (including Spring Data, Spring Security, and Spring Boot).
Practical experience with NoSQL database technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Redis).
Practical experience with relational database technologies preferably PostgreSQL.
Working knowledge of utilizing and administering Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools for software development (e.g. Git, Subversion).
Experience building applications based on Microservices Architecture and deployed in containers (Docker, AWS Continers, etc.) on a Kubernetes infrastructure is a plus.
Experience using Java 8 Generics, Lambda Expressions, and Streams are plusses.
Experience with messaging/streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, SQS).
Full stack experience is a plus
Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows.
Experienced with the Agile/Scrum development model using Agile tools (e.g. Jira, Rally).
Experience in a DevOps environment is a plus.
Team player. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with team members.
Current or past experience within a Comcast development group is desirable.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.