We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related Engineering field and at least 10 years of related experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies – those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
What to look forward to:
As a Software Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to assist in the analysis of our existing software and systems and the definition, design, and development of new software and system requirements. You'll provide creative and agile solutions to keep our business competitive. You'll be responsible for performing coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of our systems and software throughout our application development process and analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
At SNC’s Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) team we are an agile, high-caliber contractor that engineers, builds, integrates, modifies and supports turnkey air- and ground-based Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) products and services. Our years of experience supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers have established us as the systems integrator of choice. We take great pride in the customer mission we support. Learn more about IMS
As a Software Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to define, design, develop, test, certify and support cutting edge software products. These cover a very wide range from state of the art mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll be responsible for performing coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of systems and software throughout our development process. Your technical responsibilities involve the design and development of new software products throughout the product lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree in related engineering discipline and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience with Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Understanding of industry standard software languages such as C, C#, C++, HTML, Java, Python, and Bash
- Experience with software tools for requirements tracking, code reviews, static analysis, library and artifact repository, and automated build
- Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
- Proficient with data structures
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.