UPMC Health Plan Consumer Tech is seeking a Software Engineer Senior to be a direct contributor to the development and management of Consumer Tech's mobile digital assets. This resource will be responsible for collaborating with the Mobile Team in supporting the MyHealth mobile application, Biometric Screening Application and the Odyssey Behavioral Improvement mobile application. They will also provide technical leadership and software design contributions.
Under the direction of management and more senior members of the team, the Software Engineer – Senior will contribute to the overall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by independently completing projects and tasks by meeting established quality measures. The Software Engineer – Senior will be able to expand their role into defining and leading new software projects which will deliver significant impact. The focus of this position will be to reach a mastery level of the technology stack and mentor less experienced team members.
Lastly, this Software Engineer Senior must have a familiarity with Mobile Development Technologies. If you are interested in a career with the quickly growing Consumer Tech Group, we invite you to apply today!
- Integration – Responsible for more complex integration between modules.
- Troubleshooting – Solve multiple issues concurrently. Coordinate, delegate, and mentor less experienced staff with issue resolution.
- Documentation – Create detail-oriented documentation that outlines new and moderately complex processes. Responsible for quality and validity of documentation.
- Security – Validate and review secure processes and protocols. Ensure that processes/protocols are followed by junior level staff.
- Project Management – Has ownership in success of projects. Responsible for estimating and delivering on individual task within project. Shows the ability to be responsible for project timelines.
- Software Solutions – Develop, validate and implement software solutions based on customer requirements, Enterprise architecture standards and defined project designs.
- Quality – Demonstrate the ability to conduct code review of others.
- Application Development Cycle – Demonstrate the understanding of multiple SDLCs.
- Design – Implement the overall system design. Exhibit awareness of user experience standards.
- Communication – Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Self Development – Responsible for continuous self-study, training's, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Interactions with Others – Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Typically has 5+ years of related work experience.
- Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable
- Experience in developing on cross-functional systems
- Deep knowledge of developing complete systems
- Mastery of the SDLC
- Highly driven and self-motivated to exceed expectations
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated ability to lead in a team based environment
- Proficient in both oral and written communication
- Agile / SCRUM
- Skills and Technologies
- Microsoft C#
- Web Services
- Web API
- Entity Framework
- Unit Test Development/Test Driven Development
- Communications written and oral
- Mobile Digital Development
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, our Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life. Designed to help you achieve your goals, Total Rewards support our belief that you're at your best when you're receiving the support you need in all areas of life: professional, personal, financial, and more.
No matter where we work or what we do, we're driven by common values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. UPMC's values of Quality & Safety , Dignity & Respect , Caring & Listening , Responsibility & Integrity , Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive, experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.