Job ID: 641115BR
Date posted: sep.. 14, 2023
Program: Space Security – Foxtrot
Description:*Up to $7500 Sign-On Bonus*
Sign-On Bonus (Hiring Bonus) incentives are available to candidates in the form of a lump sum payment and only applicable to new, experienced professional external hires (non -Lockheed Martin employees). Lump sum amount reflected here is not part of the annual salary planning budget, but instead, considered part of an initial offer package.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Are you a software engineer looking for something different? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can make a difference to a very important mission? This is an exciting software development position within the growing Space Security division within Mission Solutions! Join one of the Foxtrot Program Area's Software Development Teams.
We're seeking a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our fast-paced development effort and contribute to the success of a very challenging and rewarding mission.
Development responsibilities include software design, code and unit test, investigation into ad-hoc issues, and the ability to analyze and resolve complex mission problems with minimal assistance. Typical Agile Scrum responsibilities include participation in daily scrums, sprint/release planning, demos, and retrospectives.
Successful Applicants will:
• Have a commendable work ethic, good communication skills, a great attitude, be a results-oriented teammate, creative thinker and problem-solver, and follow all ethical standards of the Lockheed Martin Corporation.
• Typically possess 5 years of professional experience having received a Bachelors Degree from an accredited college/university in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education in lieu of degree
• Be willing to provide consent / submit for a Polygraph Examination associated with required security clearance listed in the Basic Qualifications.
- Ability to design software solutions to address complex problems
- Comfortable working in an Agile Scrum environment
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Applicants must possess at minimum a Current DOD Top Secret security clearance with SCI Eligibility (adjudicated OR the ability to obtain SCI access) for consideration.
- ***Per the required clearance level, this position requires the selected employee to be a U.S. Citizen***
- ***Selected candidates will be required to possess Active Top Secret with adjudicated SCI Eligibility (TS/SCI) prior to starting employment.***
Proficiency within the following areas or technologies:
- Git and/or similar Version Control Systems (VCS)
- Jenkins and/or similar tools
- DevOps, Microservices, Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, CI/CD, Nexus, and AWS
- Proficiency in SQL
- Familiarity with LM Products Horizon or Conductor
- Adjudicated Polygraph
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9×80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you're invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs, and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering