Comcast Technology and Product Experience (TPX) is seeking a Software Engineer to join the X1 Scheduler team. This product powers the cloud and local DVR and reminder experience for the X1 platform.
– 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
– 2+ years professional experience in developing Java webservices
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Experience building or consuming RESTful web services
– Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol and caching strategies
– Experience leading software projects with source control systems like GitHub
– Experience maintaining Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines or workflows
– Ability to effectively communicate technical challenges and solutions
– Ability to solve ambiguous/undefined problems
– Experience driving adoption of software engineering standard methodologies within your team
– Experience with NOSQL data store solutions
– A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
– A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
– Collaboration with project partners to identify product and technical requirements, conducting analysis to resolve integration needs
BONUS SKILLS (Nice to have but not required)
– Experience in designing and interacting with REST/ RPC based API micro services
– ScyllaDB or Cassandra Experience
– Experience with MongoDB
– Have worked with AWS products including EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambda, ECS, and R53
How we work
– We follow the squad and guilds engineering model for developing the front and backend architecture at scale.
– Platform leads inspire change through mobile tech architecture reviews and Android & iOS guild meetings
– We have a strong onboarding process with 30-, 60- and 90-day goals so that you can succeed as a leader
– Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
– Computer Science, Engineering
– Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.