Comcast’s Connected Living team is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join our Digital Home Application Engineering team. This group is responsible for user-facing mobile and web application development for Comcast’s flagship Xfinity app. We are passionate about our products, our engineering, and our people!
In this role, you will directly manage one or more multi-disciplinary squads of software developers and test engineers responsible for the WiFi experience on the Xfinity App. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams (management, web, mobile and API developers, UX designers, test engineers, operations engineers, product and business managers) to lead a team responsible for features like our home network speed tests, wifi troubleshooting and management. You will mentor software engineers of varying experience levels. You will also participate in planning, management and coordination exercises with your fellow engineering leaders. You must be a strong technical leader, an independent, critical and analytic problem solver, have excellent communication skills and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
- Directly managing one or more multi-disciplinary Engineering teams (approx. 8-15 Engineers including full time employees, contractors and potentially other managers)
- Providing regular feedback and coaching regarding both job performance and career development
- Leading the development and release of one or more project across Digital Home applications
- Providing guidance to engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements, contributing to functional strategy development.
- Ensuring partnership between engineering and product, UX, and other teams
- Partnering with mobile, web and X1 application technical leads to ensure teams follow SDLC processes and conventions, enabling success of applications’ release schedules
- Driving strategy and coordinates the future development of various Comcast products and services across multiple platforms.
- Leading the evaluation of new and existing development by ensuring customer feedback and best practices are used to evolve and improve.
- Providing direction to keeps teams aligned and on track, without stifling dissent or neglecting needs to adjust course.
- Self-Development via an awareness of one’s strengths and weaknesses, and openness to others viewpoints.
- Demonstrating interest in others, encourages adaptive development and promotes a balanced team culture.
- 4+ years of experience developing professional native Android, iOS and/or Web applications
- 0-2 years managing software engineers, setting goals and developing career plans
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Fundamental understanding of HTTP protocol and caching
- Experience with HTTP and RESTful web services
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
Additional preferred skills:
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Experience building/operating mobile applications dependent on large-scale (>1MM users) platforms with high availability
Comcast Engineers are passionate about teamwork, growing their skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. Our work is our play – we are fortunate to do what we love, every day! Join us!
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.