Software Systems Engineer III
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer III. Responsible for participating in the development of new products. Assists with finding solutions to product development problems of limited scope. Participates in system level design documentation and requirements specification. Develops and follows specialized procedures in executing experiments, evaluation and documentation of results. Develops working relationships internally/externally.
#systemsengineer #softwareengineer #systemssoftware
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Participate in product definition, system architecture, requirements writing, requirements management, requirements analysis, risk analysis, hazard analysis, product test and evaluation, System V & V, and/or design control documentation.
• Gathers, understands, and analyzes input requirements from stakeholders for new medical devices and/or device features. Translates information into specific system features. Conceives and plans projects to explore product or process problems, defines and selects new concepts and approaches to the design or development of new or improved products or processes Applies the results of reviews of literature, patents, and current practices to the solution of current problems.
• Synthesizes all gathered information together with technical and regulatory constraints in order to define a system and its behavior resulting in defining a system specification.
• Evaluates prototypes formally and informally through structured and ad hoc testing. Test aspects of new projects or algorithms to evaluate prototypes and validate output to meet intended use requirements. Collect, organize, analyze, and document test results.
• Participate in integration of analytical and performance related elements with software, hardware, and electronics system components.
• Participate in optimizing design processes.
• Communicate effectively and participate on cross functional development teams. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendor.
• Responsible for utilizing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Bachelors degree in an engineering or scientific discipline.
4 yrs relevant experience and a BS degree or 2 yrs relevant experience and a MS degree or equivalent years of education and experience in Engineering and Sciences.
Solid knowledge of general engineering/science principals and laboratory skills.
Strong knowledge of defined development process that is consistent with ISO, FDA design control standards or requirements. Knowledge of contemporary design control and risk management practices.
Understanding of the electro-mechanical, software, mathematical, chemical or biochemical process operative in diagnostic systems.
Familiarity with System Modeling Language (SysML).
Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Masters degree preferred.
• Medical Device experience preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com (http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx)
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com (http://www.abbott.com/), on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott (http://www.facebook.com/Abbott) and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The salary for this role is between $82,100 – $164,100
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.