Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
This role is supporting the Digital Transformation Program within the Release Management Office (RMO). The group is helping to transform the way IT supports the organization as they continue to transform from a waterfall model to Agile. The RMO Solution Archtect is supporting the DevOps journey by identifying and creating of an end-to-end deployment pipeline supported by automation tools to enable continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment. The team is slowly moving towards a SAFe operating model and needs experienced SAFe support and leaders.
As the Solution Architect, you will lead the technical design of program delivery with a focus on ensuring technical solutions and roadmaps are developed in accordance with Enterprise Architecture standards and are designed to minimize strategic costs. The role will be the key technical lead for proposals and solutions development. You will also work closely with management to achieve goals; develop a strategic plan; and align technical strategies
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will:
* Design technical solutions and provide oversight of new and ongoing programs.
* Provide leadership in developing prototypes, demonstrations and interfacing with existing and potential new customers in support of key captures and extensions of existing programs.
* Facilitate alignment of solution development across the organization, to the extent practical, to a common set of development frameworks, tools and processes to generate discriminating solutions that reduce delivery timelines and development costs.
* Provide support to program recovery for root cause analysis and corrective action on technical matters.
* Partner with managers in identifying and evaluating technical capabilities to strengthen proposals, key technologies, and investment strategies directed toward company growth.
* Evaluate technical capabilities of prospective and existing vendors, subcontractors and partners.
* Develop and oversee engineering mentoring program to ensure continued growth of the technical and system engineering expertise within the organization.
* Coordinate across the operation as well as the group to develop cross organizational solutions.
* Support program reviews with senior management on matters concerning technical solution, readiness, or program risk.
* Create a course of action for problem resolution that requires assessing program/capture risks, conceiving new/innovative solutions, predicting outcomes, and/or developing new solutions.
* Develop solutions to technical problems where little or no precedence exists, innovation at the highest level is always required, and consistently extends the boundaries of existing knowledge.
* Communication skills necessary to advise, counsel, and/or guide people on extremely complex or controversial matters and ability to handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy, timing, debating skills, and persuasion.
* Facilitate strategy sessions and contribute to competitive information.
* Work closely with product management and product development to interview, research, analyze, and derive business, functional and technical requirements.
* Develop an in-depth understanding of the product and underlying data assets and models/methods.
* Define the solution concept design for custom solutions leveraging platform components, reusable modules and existing product capabilities
* Clarify and translate market requirements into functional and non-functional specifications, and collaborate in the product development process. Assist in resource planning process, make important tradeoff recommendations between functionality, resources and timing. Drive the user experience needs of the solution consistent with company standards.
* Work with cross-functional teams, to take a lead role in creating custom solutions proposals.
* Collaborate with Operations and Account teams to understand documentation and training needs.
* Interview and discuss the tools and integrations which enable DevOps automation with DevOps developers, tool implementers, etc.
* Document the end-to-end process in both Swimlane and Sequence diagrams, working with DevOps SMEs
* Identify and document the high-level information exchanged in integrations
* Develop current state, future state and interim state solution landscapes
* Identify architecture and end-to-end flow gaps
* Drive the design of DevOps automation, working with DevOps SMEs.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
* Requires a bachelor's degree in a related technical field plus 10 years of experience
* 7+ years of experience in Life Sciences
* Proven experience in leading technical teams that have developed and delivered innovative technical solutions
* Ability to make boardroom level presentations and change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
* Experience with Visio is required
Have a hands-on understanding of DevOps technology and tools to support the automation of a DevOps workflow.
* Source control (like Git, Bitbucket, VSTS, etc.)
* Continuous integration (like Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS )
* Infrastructure automation (like Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
* Deployment automation and orchestration (like Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus Deploy)
* Container concepts (LXD, Docker)
* Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
* Cloud (like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
* Team oriented
* Comfortable working in ambiguity
* Active listening
* Clear and concise communicator both written and verbal
* Microsoft Visio
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.