Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
Own and deliver all Product results. Collaborate with the SteerCo, User Experience Team, Make Team, & Rollout Team to ensure product solutions meet the mission requirements set by the Executive SteerCo.
As Solutions Architect, you are a polyglot engineer with a hunger for learning new languages and tools. You see yourself as a maker and you are interested in all steps of the process, from understanding the challenge, to designing, developing and deploying.
As a Solutions Architect, you are always happy to be learning, choosing the right tool for the job but also becoming the foremost domain expert about the business and the technologies used.
*Remote work available, open to remote candidates.
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will participate in the full life cycle of application development with duties including but not limited to:
- Assist the team with uncovering and understanding technical requirements and producing estimates and risk assessments for new projects.
- Become the domain expert for our business and gain a deep knowledge of their infrastructure and internal systems.
- Research technologies and assess their fit for the challenge at hand.
- Educate and train stakeholders about the benefits of our approach to software and solutions development.
- Assist the engineering team on product delivery by writing code and reviewing pull requests.
- Collaborate with the team to create a successful project hand-off plan
- Eager to learn new languages and cloud technologies.
- Strong experience designing and developing solutions using cloud technology
- Deep understanding on API strategies and best practices
- Solid hands-on experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and Salesforce.
- Experience in implementing DevOps process.
- Experience in implementing secure engineering practices.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Eager to learn new languages and technologies.
- Strong experience designing and delivering features on both server and client sides of the development stack.
- BS in Computer Science or similar academic background.
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English language.
An ideal candidate will have a demonstrable understanding and/or hands-on experience with most of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Technologies (.NET Framework, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core MVC)
- Other languages
- Styled Components
- AWS services (Serverless, EC2 and others)
- Office365 solutions
- Google docs
- No SQL
Mobile (nice-to-have experience but not required)
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.