Specialist – Data Consultant
Job ID: 2019-1511
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
Revantage Corporate Services
Due to the continued growth of our organization, Revantage Corporate Services is seeking a Specialist – Data Consultant to join our Technology Function.
Technology comprises a team of data professionals focused on delivering solutions to improve decision-making, optimize internal business processes, increase operational efficiency, and ultimately, transform data into actionable insights. As a primary liaison between the Data & Analytics program and Revantage’s constituents, the Specialist – Data Consultant is responsible for supporting hands-on business analytics for stakeholders across Blackstone and its portfolio companies. The successful Specialist – Data Consultant will be able to effectively translate data product and platform capabilities into meaningful business insights for its consumers, and surface progressive use cases to continually optimize business cases for Data and Analytics offerings.
Revantage Corporate Services (RCS) is a wholly owned company of Blackstone that provides best-in-class professional shared services globally to Blackstone’s real estate portfolio companies in various sectors including multifamily (LivCor), commercial office (EQ Office), retail (ShopCore), industrial (Link Industrial), senior living (Longview) and hotel (BRE Hotels and Resorts). We are dedicated to our clients, helping them solve critical and complex real estate issues, with access to resources, data, and the world’s most influential real estate leaders.
We are building a culture that inspires people to drive change, stand up to challenges, and embody the daring spirit to outperform yesterday’s best. Our vision sees us personally exploring new ideas and capabilities, proactively seeking the needs of our partners and people to unlock new opportunities. We are partnering in possibilities to unlock our greatest potential, together.
Technology will unlock the potential of Revantage. Help us deliver best in class tools, services, and insights.
As the Specialist – Data Consultant, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Lead efforts to profile data, execute quantitative analysis, and interpret findings to distill portfolio company and cross-asset class insights
- Support stakeholder understanding and adoption of Data and Analytics offerings, including translation of analysis, platform capabilities, and data and technical concepts and approaches
- Identify business use cases and requirements and will communicate feedback from stakeholders back to the Data & Analytics teams to enable deep understanding of business needs and value propositions
- Perform data analyses activities to identify financial, operational, and market trends and insights for stakeholders
- Assess for potential gaps and/or inconsistencies in data and analyses results
- Develop, maintain, and track stakeholder satisfaction measure to inform program success and outcome evaluations
- Create, refine, and implement processes and training materials to support stakeholder adoption
- Act as liaison for new data and capability requests, quality issues, and governance-related activities
- Support use case and requirements prioritization for Data and Analytics strategic roadmap development
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of data delivery business processes and operating model activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience conducting research and analysis
- 5+ years of experience using data visualization and business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos)
- Proficiency in R, Python, or related languages
- Proficiency in SQL and ability to optimize queries
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Experience with business intelligence tools, various types of data repositories (e.g., data warehouses, data lakes, data marts), metadata management, dimensional modeling, and ETL / integration
- Experience analyzing real estate portfolio assets and/or financial statements
- Experience in Financial Services, Private Equity, and/or Real Estate
- Possesses strategic business acumen and understanding of organizational strategy
- Skill at communicating solutions, ideas, suggestions to a variety of (business) stakeholders effectively and comprehensibly
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong work ethic and ownership mentality
- Conceptual and analytical thinker – ability to extract, analyze, and synthesize complex business insights
- Intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Motivated and driven to achieve long-term business outcomes
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to influence
- Customer centric focus and understanding of service models
- Passion for solving real business problems with data-driven solutions
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.