First Horizon Corp. (NYSE: FHN), with $89.1 billion in assets as of December 31, 2021, is a leading regional financial services company, dedicated to helping our clients, communities and associates unlock their full potential with capital and counsel. Headquartered in Memphis, TN, the banking subsidiary First Horizon Bank operates in 12 states across the southern U.S. The Company and its subsidiaries offer commercial, private banking, consumer, small business, wealth and trust management, retail brokerage, capital markets, fixed income, mortgage, and title insurance services. First Horizon has been recognized as one of the nation's best employers by Fortune and Forbes magazines and a Top 10 Most Reputable U.S. Bank.
The SQL Server developer position in the Enterprise Data Solutions team is part of our Corporate Systems, Enterprise Architecture, and Information Management department within Enterprise Technology. The role is responsible for establishing, expanding, and optimizing our Enterprise Analytical Data Platform and associated data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow for cross-functional analytical teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced SQL Server developer and data expert who enjoys building and optimizing data systems for maximum business benefit. The SQL Server Developer will work with our database architects, data analysts and data scientists on initiatives and will ensure the data delivery is efficient and consistent. The SQL Server developer works in a self-directed fashion, concurrently supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. This role understands complex source system data structures and implements models, patterns, and solutions within the SQL Server environment.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consultative solution development in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Build the platform required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using traditional relational and cloud technologies
- Develop, maintain, and support Data Solutions using T-SQL, SSIS and ADF
- Design, code, test, debug, and document solutions according to Industry best practices
- Work with Enterprise Architects and Data Governance to help in data ingestion, staging, data quality monitoring
- Preparation of design/technical/functional/operational specification documentation
- Work with stakeholders and design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data platform needs
- Develop platform strategies and patterns for Data Integration, Delivery, Partitioning and Access Control
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, such as:
- Automating manual processes
- Optimizing data delivery
- Re-designing or aligning infrastructure for greater scalability
- Mentor and provide guidance on data solutions and patterns
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 Years using SQL Server and doing development work with T-SQL
- 5 Years’ experience with advanced Structured Query Language (SQL) and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of other databases including IBM DB2 and Oracle
- 3 Years’ experience architecting and building Extract Transform and Load (ETL) data pipeline processes using SSIS and/or ADF
- Working knowledge of Azure
- Working knowledge of Master Data Management (e.g., MDS, Profisee)
- Strong project delivery and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- The following personal skills are required:
- Demonstrated inter-personal and consultative skills to work with business and IT stakeholders
- Ability to explain, promote and evangelize about data solutions
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 8am – 5pm
Facebook — facebook.com/FirstHorizonBank
Twitter — twitter.com/FirstHorizonBnk
LinkedIn — linkedin.com/company/first-horizon-bank
Instagram — instagram.com/first_horizon
YouTube — youtube.com/channel/UCEVs5OMj-b0H9Dr5Q209_-Q
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)