We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in.
L.L.Bean is currently recruiting for a Senior Cloud Architect to join our Platform Services Team. This person will provide technical & strategic leadership as well as “get their hands dirty” building and advancing our Cloud Platform Services. The Platform is the foundation to support the modernization of L.L.Bean's front-end customer technology systems to omni-channel microservices using containers, Kubernetes, and related cloud technologies. This role will have a strong influence on the architectural direction for the cloud platform, CI/CD pipeline, security management, and a goal of “automate everything”. This role will focus on evaluating and integrating cutting edge technologies through partnerships with our vendors and use of relevant open source technologies.
*** Opportunity to work REMOTE***
Senior Cloud Architect
- Evangelize microservice based architecture using containerized applications; previous experience strategizing and executing on-prem to cloud transformation for large-scale applications is valuable
- Create systems and configurations for GCP/GKE
- Mature CI/CD – develop pipelines that build, test, and deploy applications fast, often, & automated
- Advance the Site Reliability Engineering practice – monitoring/alerting, auto-scaling, security, & self-healing system stability
- Support a “security first” advocacy and encourage platform solutions that enable the microservice product teams to “shift left” with vulnerability identification and resolution
- Stay current on industry trends; innovate through research, proof of concepts, and demos
- Collaborate and pair with the Platform team to ensure knowledge and expertise is shared & developed
- Shared responsibility for 24×7 research and resolution of production system problems through participation in an on-call rotation
- Ensure compliance with applicable security and privacy standards and regulations
- Participates in the recruitment of team members both employees and contractor
- Training and mentoring peers and management
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: 4-Year Bachelors Degree
Years of Industry Experience: 10+ years
Skills and Qualifications:
- Cloud: Google (preferred), AWS, Azure
- Orchestration: GKE (preferred), AKS, EKS
- CI/CD: Jenkins
- Monitoring: Prometheus/Grafana (preferred), Stackdriver
- Database: Mongo
- API: Cloud Endpoints, Apigee
- Language/scripting: Python (preferred), Bash, Node.js
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
- EDW: BigQuery
- Data analysis: Splunk
- Security: PCI compliance, vulnerability management tools
- Testing: Automation, System, Performance
- Agile – Scrum, Kanban
- Tools – Jira, Confluence
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity
- Strong comprehension ability to understand vision, strategy, prioritization, requirements, and issues presented by Stakeholders, Product Owner, and Team
- Deliver strategic design, articulate to technical and non-technical audiences, achieve buy-in, inspire team, prototype/POC, and execute
- Self-directed; works well independently
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Strong attention to detail in task planning, execution, and documentation
- Superior analytical skills, methodical troubleshooting process, and an emphasis on root cause analysis
- “Can do” positive attitude and flexibility to be able to jump in and assist on any platform efforts
If you care about the outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside—we’re all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn more.
From coastal marsh to alpine forest, ecosystems depend on diversity to flourish. We believe the same is true in the workplace. That’s why L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer, committed to sustaining our strengths by welcoming all kinds of people.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.