Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Sr. Controls Engineer will develop automation solutions and participate in various phases of automation projects including creating design specifications, software configuration and testing, as well as commissioning and start-up of automated manufacturing processes.
Candidates must have experience with all facets of technical project execution including:
Overall Technical Scope Development
- Technical Functional Requirement Development
- Layout Design and Engineering
- Electrical/Controls Design and Development
- Installation Scope Development
- On-Site Installation and Start-Up/Commissioning
Technical Project Execution
- Provide Technical Oversight of Technical Project Execution Team
- Oversee Project Technical Deliverables and Schedules
- Conduct Regularly Scheduled Technical Project Reviews
- Communicate Project Status with the Project Manager Including Regularly Scheduled Project Update and Milestone Reviews
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Accountability for complete project execution including team leadership, control panel engineering, SCADA design, PLC and HMI programming, and site start-up support of integrated systems.
- Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of packaging lines, process systems, and software systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7plus years of related automation experience with PLC’s, HMI, SCADA, and general control system design.
- Packaging and process controls experience in the Food and Beverage or Consumer Products is preferred; Life Science and Engineering Consulting experience are a plus.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (Control Logix, Compact Logix) PLCs, PanelView Plus HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks (Ethernet /P, DeviceNet, DH+, etc.) is required.
- Experience with Factory Talk Suite, IntellutionSuite, Wonderware Suite, and Visual Basic/C#/Java is a plus.
- Position requires the ability to successfully execute multiple project responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Candidates need to possess excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, training, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related technical degree.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.