The Senior Data Analyst will work closely alongside the Field Operations teams to form strategic relationships in the business and become a subject matter expert to provide a competitive edge and further the company’s position as the leader in the industry. Works directly with key business partners and IT to effectively support the needs of the business and drive change through data analytics that provide actionable insights.
Process Management Responsibility:
- Build analytics and reporting by partnering with strategic business partners to ensure that the platform is evolving to meet their needs.
- Contribute to the vision of the team while also executing tasks to achieve the vision in conjunction with other members and external resources.
- Prioritize and lead the efforts of external and internal resources to ensure tight alignment with business needs.
- Overall responsibility for the data models, data architecture, reports and dashboards consumed by US business
- Deliver insights from data using business intelligence analytics/presentation to enable Martin Brower to remain the clear leader for supply chain and logistics services.
- Understand and prioritize business requirements while managing the expectations of stakeholders.
- Anticipate and identify future demand from users/customers, provide input to requirements and align priorities to achieve goals.
- Deliver a portfolio of BI projects that enable growth of the Martin Brower US business, including enabling technologies such as self-service discovery and analytics that make it easier for Martin Brower personnel to use data to drive decisions, reduce costs, and optimize Martin Brower supply chain processes.
- Establish strong, strategic partnerships with key IT contacts, supply chain partners, Martin Brower senior leadership, and end users.
- Participate in the Martin Brower global data governance processes to ensure a large volume of high-quality data is made available in an easily consumable manner to provide actionable insights.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 8 years of experience in a business or business-facing IT role, in which the following occurred:
- Demonstrated capabilities for analyzing business needs and finding solutions.
- Worked successfully in Customer- and Business-facing roles.
- Experience gathering business requirements while influencing decisions to drive change and modernization.
- Conceptualized efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Developed subject matter expertise to the point of being sought out for information and advice.
- Strong business orientation with experience deriving value from data.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools including, but not limited to, Cognos and Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience creating data models, working with Data Warehouse/Data Lake, creating ETL pipelines
- Proven ability to collaborate with IT and business teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to travel as needed for projects. Estimated to be a few times per year.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience as a liaison between IT and business.
- Experience within the distribution or Food Service industry.
- Familiarity with data science concepts like machine learning and forecasting models with an ability to explain them to non-technical audiences.
- Experience creating moderately complex to advanced SQL queries to explore data.
- Experience with the following tools and technology – Snowflake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Power BI
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.