Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
We have an opening for a Senior Environmental Engineer for our SH&E team. Primary responsibilities will be at the Sacramento, California Superfund Site.
In this role you will develop and implement a program plan to execute projects related to various environmental investigation/remediation activities underway at Aerojet Rocketdyne and establish a project tracking approach to ensure tasks are effectively monitored to achieve budgets and schedules as the project schedule is long term. Depending on experience this person will be responsible for:
- Management of multi-disciplinary teams of scientists and engineers in the successful execution of multi-million dollar environmental investigation/remediation projects. Projects may include vapor intrusion evaluations, investigation of the nature and extent of chemicals in soil/vapor/groundwater, remedial action implementation (eg soil vapor extraction, excavation, and capping), and oversight of relevant and required remedial design activities.
- Establishment/Refinement of a cost effective operation and maintenance program for large-scale groundwater and/or soil vapor extraction and treatment systems including establishment and effective implementation of preventative maintenance programs, record-keeping, performance monitoring, and reporting, including oversight of agency discharge permit compliance and monitoring and reporting
- Review organizational processes and integrate process variation.
- Negotiate with regulatory agencies and manage compliance with applicable orders, agency directives, and permits.
50% – Manage assigned environmental investigation/remediation activities using multi-disciplinary team of internal/external professionals and contractors in accordance with agency requirements/permits and development of program plan.
20% – Prepare and maintain project tracking documentation, accurate financial documentation, including budget projections, cost/benefit analyses and associated risk identification/mitigation planning.
10% – Work with other organization staff and management team to develop strategic direction for remediation and implementation of projects.
10% – Integrate and monitor internal and external Safety, Health, and Environment programs and requirements into the remediation projects including job hazard analyses and management of change.
10% – Document and maintain the organization’s process variation management program consistent with the Enterprise-wide business operating system that will incorporate the extensive groundwater extraction and treatment facilities operating in Sacramento.
- Environmental project and program management experience for large CERCLA projects including coordination and/or management of multi-disciplinary teams of environmental professionals and contractors
- Regulatory agency negotiation
- Subsurface characterization including innovative tools
- Groundwater hydraulics and contaminant fate and transport
- Soil gas investigation and vapor intrusion evaluation and mitigation
- Environmental laboratory analytical methods and QA/QC
- Statistical analysis of environmental data
- Innovative subsurface remediation technologies
- Groundwater flow and contaminant transport modeling including capture zone analysis
- Dense non-aqueous phase liquid (DNAPL) characterization, migration, and remediation
- Remediation system performance monitoring and evaluation
- Extraction well design, construction, and maintenance
- Risk assessment/toxicology
- Environmental/groundwater data management, visualization and mapping
- Ability to read blue prints and design drawings. CAD capabilities a plus
- Knowledge of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems
- 40hr·QSHA certified and current
- Professional license a plus
- Experience programming, troubleshooting, and repairing process logic controllers a plus
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.