Aerojet Rocketdyne (AR) Coleman Aerospace in Orlando, Florida is looking for a Systems Engineer with 5 years of related work experience to support its System Requirements and Integration (R&I) engineering team.
At this location, AR Coleman Aerospace produces complex single, two, and three stage launch vehicles used to support ballistic missile defense testing. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for performing Systems Engineering tasks that establish and manage design requirements, and will verify product designs meet all operating requirements for fabrication, test, flight, and life cycle disposal environments.
Candidates should have prior experience supporting complex aerospace programs from inception through completion. Qualified individuals must have systems engineering experience utilizing a combination of commercial and in-house developed software tools, and/or hand calculation methods to compose and flow-down system requirements, correlate analysis models and test results, determine design margins and design life, and preparing technical documentation in support of assigned programs. The requirements for this position also include prior experience supporting the execution of government technical interchange meetings (TIMs), progress reviews, and major program milestone meetings.
AR Coleman Aerospace is looking for a self-motivated individual with prior technical experience supporting complex aerospace development programs from program inception through completion. Working under limited general direction:
20% – Composition and flow-down of system requirements.
20% – Generation of functional requirements analyses.
20% – Generation of documentation to support design analyses.
30% – Generation and maintenance of A/B/C level system specifications, interface control documents, hardware specifications, and verification/validation plans.
10% – Requirements verification activities.
Requires a B.S. degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience, or an equivalent combination education and experience.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Requires prior experience supporting the execution of detailed program design reviews, the performance of trade studies, and requires a broad understanding of aerospace manufacturing processes and requirements.
- Prior experience must include a background in systems engineering requirements and verification methods. The ability to understand mechanical and electrical aerospace drawings, environmental test requirements, and various aerospace analysis methods is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills are required, as well as solid computer skills and experience using the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project). Knowledge of IBM Rational DOORS requirements management tools strongly desired.
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Experience with the Missile Defense Agency, or prior work experience with missiles, launch vehicles, and/or solid rocket motors desired.
- This position may require occasional overtime and nonstandard business hours as required to meet critical schedule milestones.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.