At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is a for a Sr. IT Analyst support position that executes activities related to planning, designing, building and implementing high quality solutions, products and processes for Nuclear, Power, Wind business applications. Support responsibility is for an application portfolio of 25 to 50 applications including business critical systems. Will be accountable as a team member to collaboratively support an application portfolio as a business.
Also accountable for delivery or oversight of small project, sub-project or process componen
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
– Understanding of business unit needs to provide optimal IT support within their functional area.
– Excellent communications skills – able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal).
– Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function.
– Plan, design, and build high quality IT software solutions in accordance with service level agreements.
– Assist / mentor others in planning and prioritizing work and work schedule.
– Assist in creation of documentation for products and services. Use best practices to improve products and services provided to business unit partners and monitor adherence within Team/Group to standards as defined within the Management Model.
– May coordinate or manage all aspects of a small project or sub-component of a large project including set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor project progress.
– Prepare reports for management and leadership regarding project status.
– Maintain and enhance engagement with the nuclear business leadership as well as IT partners (vendors) and other stakeholders.
– Establish positive team environment by proactively assisting and training less experienced personnel.
– Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines while providing a complete and accurate work product.
– Demonstrated strong teamwork skills with self-motivation to achieve success in a rapidly evolving environment.
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
– Hands on, technical knowledge of PI (Plant Information application), GE Predix and real time systems is very desirable.
– Knowledge of development languages – C/C++, C#, VB, Java, React, Python.
– Strong knowledge of database technologies including Oracle and SQL Server and SQL Scripting.
– Knowledge of SharePoint technologies.
– Knowledge of application interface development.
– SOA (service-oriented architecture) including some knowledge of Tibco or Fusion middleware.
– Some familiarity with major ERP systems such as Asset Suite/PassPort, Learning Management System (LMS), Documentum, etc.…
– Cloud technology.
– Microsoft Office applications, including intermediate to advanced Excel and Power Point.
– Microsoft Project or other project scheduling software.
– Strong understanding of advanced programming concepts, data structure and algorithms.
– Demonstrated ability to think critically; to be flexible and adaptable while responding to the changing business environment and demands as well as anticipate and influence technology changes.
– Demonstrated ability to draw upon theoretical knowledge and experience to perform non-routine tasks efficiently and effectively.
– Ability to influence and suggest process improvements and innovational ideas.
– Strong problem solving and analysis ability.
– Strong knowledge of Nuclear, Power, Wind business practices and processes.
– In addition, some knowledge in the following areas is a plus: Supply, Accounts Payable, Finance, HR.
– Experience leading projects or sub-teams and knowledge of IT project management.
– Excellent communications and presentation skills (written and verbal).
– Ability to work with remote coworkers and remote project teams.
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
– Minimum 3 years related technology experience.
– Occasional travel required – 10% – 15%
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.