Sr. Java Developer *US Citizenship Required*
The ideal candidate for this position will be a creative and detail oriented web application developer who enjoys the challenge of learning new technologies, solving problems, and building high-quality software. The candidate will be responsible for helping to define and code the ongoing architecture and development of an emerging application. The candidate will be able to confidently code and organize the application using best practices while helping to share their knowledge with the team and grow the teams' skills and understanding of robust Java applications.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Participate in all phases of an Agile software development lifecycle, including application design/requirements gathering, estimating development activities, authoring application code, participating in code reviews, and testing the software
• Participate in daily team discussions and code collaboration to promote continuous progress
• Participate in client, industry, and end-user discussions to help provide technical viewpoint on the application.
• Participate in technical design sessions to create sustainable, high-performing features and providing accurate estimates and development timelines.
• Continuous improvement of existing development tools and technologies
• Author automated testing script for the application
• Augment and Improve system architecture
• Gain a general understanding of database design and optimizing application access to backend data
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline.
• Experience using Spring Boot Framework in Java applications
• Experience with Java software development environment and tools such as Maven, Git, Tomcat, Eclipse, Bamboo, Hibernate, etc.
• Experience working with a variety of relational SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience with RESTful services.
• Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure.
• Us Citizenship required per government stipulation
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.