Do you enjoy developing new products and services? Join us! Our Software Engineers work in an agile, collective environment. You will be using your skills and expertise to define, design, develop, test, certify and improve cutting-edge software products. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll perform coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of systems and software throughout our development process. Your technical duties involve the design and development of new software products throughout the product lifecycle.
What to look forward to:
As a Software Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to assist in the analysis of our existing software and systems and the definition, design, and development of new software and system requirements. You'll provide creative and agile solutions to keep our business competitive. You'll be responsible for performing coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of our systems and software throughout our application development process and analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related Engineering discipline and at least 16 years of relevant experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance Is required
- Proficiency with one or more of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, UML 2.0
- Experience with existing architectures and standards such as Modular Open Mission Systems
- Experience in the application of open architecture standards on a fielded platform with subsystem integration such as Radar, Comms, and other sensors
- Demonstrated understanding of agile development, process tools, and scrum
- Demonstrated ability to work the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, unit testing, test frameworks and reference architectures
- Familiar with software architecture design principals and generating system/software architectures
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, SonarQube, etc.
- Solutions utilizing Container Management and Containers (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Up to 25% travel required for this position
- Experience with open standards both commercial and defense
- Experience with RESTful APIs, Frontend, Web Frameworks
- Solutions Utilizing Cloud Providers such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with Machine Learning/AI capabilities
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance . U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.