Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
As a Senior Principal Software Engineer in the mobile department you will be the technical lead and manager for the mobile platform and pipeline teams. The mobile platform and pipeline teams are focused on enhancing the way we deliver mobile features by enhancing our CI/CD pipeline and enhancing our testing strategy. You will be responsible for by maturing and executing our pipeline strategy and road map. The job will require 70% technical engineering leadership and 30% managing and coaching our engineers towards crafting solutions with a strong emphasis on technical excellence.
- Lead and shape the technical vision for mobile platform and pipeline teams and be an essential member of mobile leadership team
- Lead high-functioning, diverse technology teams; direct others and independently determine resolutions for key initiatives
- Provide support and technical direction to partner teams/products
- Mentor senior staff and engineers in both technical and soft skills
- Be a leader in the Discover engineering community affecting and driving architecture across the company
- Dive into the unknown to solve challenging problems and define solutions alongside the best engineers in the company
- Ensure the group is adhering to principles of engineering excellence
* Code maintainability
* Operational Excellence
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 8+ years of application development experience
- 2+ years people management experience
- Agile, Scrum Master
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.