Innovation fuels us. That's why we are a world leader in providing building materials solutions. Whether creating new technologies or streamlining and improving existing processes, our team takes part in writing the next chapter of our history. Join our team as a Sr. Process Engineer. What does a Sr. Process Engineer at JM do? In this role, you will wear many hats, the scope is broad and the opportunities abound. There is a strong emphasis on process and mechanical engineering. You will help develop new or improved components, systems, or processes for an individual business unit or operating group to increase sales and boost Johns Manville's competitive advantage.
The Sr. Process Engineer will be responsible for understanding business drivers, advancing our high temperature glass fiberization systems, interacting frequently with internal customers across North America, designing and running trials, providing related plant and production support, commissioning production lines, qualifying products and processes, and performing project management functions. Engineers who are passionate about technology, working with people, process improvements, enjoy traveling and love variety this is the job for you!
Apply today to see what working at JM is all about.
* Lead both short- and long-term projects resulting in significant business advantages to JM
* Performing production support, development, and research, including designing and running trials, and performing project management functions
* Develop patents, trade secrets and/or other intellectual property that provides a strategic business advantage
* May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Team:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering
* 8 or more years engineering experience with the ability to apply technical analyses and knowledge to choose alternatives and to modify methods, designs, and general practices
* Experience in a multiple of the following technical areas:
* Heat transfer
* Fluids flow
* Combustion, especially natural gas
* Production plant systems and equipment support/design
* High temperature processes and components
* Mechanical design of precision, high speed, high temperature parts
* Complex process optimization
* Statistical data analysis
* Designed experiments
* Ability to make compelling case for technical recommendations to a business
* Project management skills
* Presentation skills
* Leadership skills
* Proven analytical experience
* Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 25 pounds, climb stairs ladders. May be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, elevated noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
* Ability to travel up to 50%
* Master's or PhD in Mechanical Engineering
* Solid experience in most or all the technical areas described above
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to communicates across all levels of the organization and cross functionally
* Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
* Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
* Work environment is typical of a research and development facility. When working in a plant, may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Hear Our Employee Stories
See what our employees have to say about working at Johns Manville here.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.