Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
Job ID: 2019-2132
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Project Management Office
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We’ve been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes’ “America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
UFG is seeking a talented Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our growing organization. This role will Plans, designs, executes and reports on test scripts to ensure high quality data solution. This position will execute tests to ensure that all software enhancements meet or exceed design specifications and performance standards. The analyst will be responsible for identifying, documenting and reporting software defects.
- Works with Business Analyst to understand and clarify requirements to ensure adequate test coverage with appropriate test plans/cases
- Review SOW or SRS attached to the project
- Define test plan and create testing matrix as needed
- Executes test plans
- Assists in the creation of test analysis and reporting, defect trends, defect reoccurrence and overall system stability assessment
- Build test cases as described by the test plans
- Describe bugs or missed functionality so the software developers can provide fixes.
- Provide documentation to Users so that UAT approval can be obtained.
- Provide feedback to the vendors regarding testing results
- Actively participate in status meetings.
- Help set project goals, dates and deadlines
- Act as a resource to field questions from users
- Provide bi-monthly project status reports to QA Manager
- Keep QA Manager informed of issues as they arise
- Regularly review technology periodicals to stay current on new trends.
- Working closely with business information users to identify and forecast new business needs.
- Two-year college degree preferred
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the following: IT Quality Assurance, Software Testing, Test Plan Development and Test Script/Matrix Development
- Understanding of XML
- Advance SQL and basic knowledge of PLSQL (creating Stored procedures and functions)
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail along with possessing strong analytical skills
- Certified or working towards CSTE, CSQA or comparable certification preferred.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.