Aerojet Rocketdyne Coleman Aerospace is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Sr. Quality Engineer whose primary responsibilities are to provide quality engineering services to our Production Operations and Engineering Teams in the areas of electronic and mechanical assembly as well as qualification testing. This position is located in Orlando, FL.
20% – Responsible for reviewing and approving engineering and design disclosure documentation, ensuring that all requirements are captured in the documents.
20% – Review final test reports for accuracy and completeness, including verifying all data is within tolerance.
20% – Responsible for performing spot checks on the floor to ensure processes are being followed and to address any issues presented by the Quality Inspector or Test Technicians.
20% – Will be required to support and present quality metrics and data at program meetings.
20% – Works under limited general direction. Independently determines and develops approaches to assignments. Participates in determining objectives of assignments. Completed work is reviewed to ensure objectives are met for desired results. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience and may act as a lead on a project.
- Must have Bachelors Degree in an Engineering discipline and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Experience working on Aerospace or Defense contracts is desired
- Prior experience with missile systems, subsystems, and integration preferred.
- Launch vehicle design, test and integration experience desired.
- Must have knowledge of industry standard Quality specifications including ISO 9001, AS9100, J-STD-001 and IPC-A-620.
- Must have knowledge of ANSI/ASME Y14.5.
- Ability to analyze failures and identify root cause, process defect reports. Perform product inspections and acceptance reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to interact with all levels of management and customer personnel.
- Able to lead a comprehensive corrective and preventive action program across all products.
- Verification of requirements for Qualification and Product Acceptance Test programs required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions is required.
- Must have adequate experience to understand and communicate how these conclusions affect the assembly, next higher assembly and customer satisfaction.
Experience in high reliability manufacturing and test environments for DoD programs (e.g., SMC-S-016, AIAA-S-113).
Prior experience with missile systems and subsystems preferred.
Familiarity with MDA MAP & PMAP requirements desired.
Ability to identify and implement process improvements desired. Professional certification(s) is a plus.
- TipQA, Costpoint and Sharepoint experience a plus.
TipQA and CostPoint experience a plus.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.