The Senior Software Engineer writes and maintains code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
Key Responsibilities :
• Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
• Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
• Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
• Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
• Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
• Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
• Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
• Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
• Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
• Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
• Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
• Ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices.
• Design, code, test, correct and document programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
• Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
• Establish standards and procedures across the technology service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them.
• Manage application enhancements to improve business performance.
• Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
• Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
• Working knowledge of software development best practices and design patterns
• Working experience in coding within multiple technology stacks
• Working experience with object-oriented languages (Ruby, Java, C#, etc.)
• Willing to learn new languages and tech stacks
• Working experiences with Restful API development
• Working experience with cloud technologies, preferably with AWS
• Working experience with software configuration and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, etc.
• Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
• Working experience with Agile application development practices
• Strong data analysis skills and working experience with SQL and relational databases
• BA/BS degree in related field and 4+ years of relevant experience; or MS w/ 2+ years experience; or 8+ years an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Experience with python development
• Experience with AWS development, configuration and deployment technologies
• Experience with serverless architecture, especially lambda
• Working experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
• Scrum Developer Certification or equivalent
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.