Responsible for validating product quality by analyzing and testing the quality of the code base. Focuses on writing code that will be executed in an automated and repeatable fashion which will reduce manual testing efforts and increase code quality and consistency. Develops and maintains code that validates front-end, middleware and database systems, using the latest tools and programming languages. Provides input into various software development lifecycle stages. Partners with software engineers to write efficient automation code using coding standards and best practices. Reports test execution results to senior leadership. Repairs complex broken automation scripts and performs peer reviews of automation codebase. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Write and edit complex, automated test code, using the same standards as a Software Engineer, that allows for repeatable, reliable testing solutions to test the wide functionality of products and software in accordance with specifications and technical requirements, maintaining automation codebase in a version control system (GIT, SVN). This may include creating complex SQL queries for validation of databases and writing SOAP and RESTful API automated scripts.
- Build new tools to assist in faster test automation and functional testing efforts and innovate on existing automation processes.
- Serve as a guide and mentor for junior-level engineers. Provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Review project progress, evaluates results and recommends corrections in technical applications and analysis to executive teams.
- Perform code reviews of automation scripts and front-end codebases.
- Work closely with Test Engineers and Development teams to build test script hooks that help in earlier and easier testing.
- Analyze broken test cases and diagnose and repair to working order.
- Diagnose and repair complex bugs within production code.
- Drive scrum meetings as Scrum Master, perform backlog grooming and sprint planning.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.