Company SummaryDocutech, A First American Company, offers a wide range of document technology solutions for mortgage, home equity and consumer lending, including document generation, eDelivery, eSign and print fulfillment. Our efficient solutions enable lending professionals to produce accurate and compliant loan packages in all 50 states. A career at Docutech means joining First American (NYSE: FAF), a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions. First American has been helping customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. People are the key to our continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.firstam.com
The First American-Docutech Sr. Software Engineer participates in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for business applications. Responsible for middle-tier implementation and integration with back-end databases. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Participates in the development of software user manuals.
Preferred skills: “Back-end software architecture experience for high volume, scale-able applications, .net core and micro-service experience.
Experience optimizing SQL queries.”
- Familiar with:
- User interfaces
- HTML technologies and web frameworks
- Database creation and maintenance
- Experienced and knowledgeable with:
- .NET in all shapes and forms, including .NET Core
- .NET WebAPIs, .NET Web Services
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Visual Studio and TFS
- Strong knowledge of:
- ASP.NET, C#, SQL, RESTful APIs, SOAP, XML, Web Development Technologies
- Object-oriented design and implementation
- Automated testing
- Experience and solid understanding of various software engineering practices.
- Experience translating software requirements and experience with software design solutions.
- Build test automation suites to ensure the quality of guest impacting products
- Designs, codes, unit test, debug, and document those programs.
- Customizes software based on research and customer needs.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- May consult with users and develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Problem-solve and think laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Fluent in multiple application development languages at an expert level
- Experience with various computer platforms and application environments
- Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
- Expertise in designing programs and applications
- Experience designing application systems
- Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 5+ years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.