Job ID: 618784BR
Date posted: Nov. 15, 2023
Description:This position is participating in our External Referral Program. If you know somebody who may be a fit, click here to submit a referral. If your referral is hired, you'll receive a $3,000 payment!
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Cyber & Intelligence, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Primary responsibilities of the Software Engineer are as follows:
– Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
– Debug existing software and correct defects
– Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
– Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
– Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
– Write or review software and system documentation
– Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on
any particular project
– Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
– Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
– Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
– Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
– Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
– Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
– Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource,
or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
– Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
– Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
– Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
– Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you'll have excellent benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
– Paid time off
– Work/life balance
– Career development and mentorship opportunities
– Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and
complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited
college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar
software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly SP
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9×80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: RMS
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Software Engineering
Type: Task Order/IDIQ