I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides leadership and senior level infrastructure support for systems, as assigned, at The Queen’s Health Systems (QHS).
• Recommends, develops and/or determines, and ensures implementation of sound practices and solutions for infrastructure issues.
• Oversees and responsible for collection of data from performance and uptime monitoring tools and reports to management for information and review.
• Provides technical expertise in the diagnoses and resolution of infrastructure hardware and datacenter software.
• Keeps abreast of the latest technology and makes recommendations and offers solutions based on sound trends to maintain or improve efficient datacenter operations.
• Serves as the senior level escalation point for infrastructure related issues.
• Monitors, analyzes, leads and provides oversight for planning activities to ensure adequate capacity, availability, and effective use of the latest available technologies.
• Designs, plans, and implements advanced technical solutions.
• Interacts and negotiates with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services; conducts research for product recommendations and justifications and to support purchasing efforts.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: All essential, designated by frequency.
• Continuous: seeing, speaking, repetitive arm/hand motions, sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Frequent: standing, sitting, walking, finger dexterity, hearing.
• Occasional: stooping/bending, carrying usual weight of 12 pounds, reaching above shoulder level.
• Operates computer equipment and copy machines.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Work schedule includes providing 24 hours/7 days a week support as required.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT) field or related field; four (4) years experience in enterprise infrastructures may be substituted for educational requirement.
• Current certification in at least one of the following preferred:
o MCSE: Server Infrastructure
o VMware Certified Implementation Expert
o MCSD: Application Lifecycle Management
o Other MCSE certifications
• In addition to the educational requirement, six (6) years experience with server and datacenter infrastructure technologies to demonstrate the following:
o Expert understanding of Windows OS / servers, failover clustering, and server hardware.
o Expert knowledge of VMWare ESXi.
o Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows / Linux, and Storage Area Networks.
o Experience with Microsoft services such as Exchange and SQL server and Windows Server Operating Systems Server 2008 and 2012.
o Extensive experience with core software applications.
o Excellent software troubleshooting experience.
o Extensive application support experience.
o Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and internet standards.
o Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
o Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
o Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
o Ability to achieve organization’s goals and objectives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
PandoLogic. Keywords: Computer Systems Engineer, Location: Honolulu, HI – 96849