Schneider Electric is looking for a Sr. Systems Test Engineer for our Lake Forest, CA location.
This is an on-site position.
As a Principal Project Test Leader you will be part of our Test Management group and will be responsible for the Verification and Validation activities of our Safety and Critical Control products during all development lifecycles phases. This includes driving the V&V part of projects as an active Agile team member from their initial planning to formal product release. The responsibilities will include planning, leading, managing, and executing Verification and Validation Activities for complex development projects that include both hardware, embedded software, and application software development. The challenge will be to minimize time to market and maximize product quality with a zero-defect mentality while enthusiastically engaging a global project and V&V team and outsource partners.
You will also debug software products through the use of systematic tests to be develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develop, modify, and execute software test plans. Analyze and write test standards and procedures. Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action. Consult with Development Engineers in resolution of problems. Provide feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. Ensure quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
This job might be for you if:
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years’ experience in Verification and Validation of embedded systems and/or PC applications.
- IEC 61508 functional safety certification is an added advantage.
- Experienced with basic Lab equipment such as scopes, DMMs, AC/DC power supplies, logic analyzers, function generators, etc.
- Experienced with formal SW development techniques, using configuration management tool (such as TFS, etc.), requirements traceability tool (such as DOORS, etc.), SW analysis tools (such as Klocwork, QA/C), SW unit test tool (such as VectorCAST, etc.).
- Experienced in writing formal Verification and Validation planning documentation, test procedures, descriptions, and reports.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, team player, multi-tasking with good time management skills and the ability to function across organizational boundaries
The U.S. compensation range for this full-time position, which includes base pay and short-term incentive, is $110,040.00 – USD $166,560.00 for candidates located within the U.S. Our salary ranges are determined by reviewing roles of similar responsibility and level. Within the salary range, individual pay is determined by several factors including performance, knowledge, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Schneider Electric also offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees, inclusive of flexible work arrangements, paid family leaves, 401(k) + match, well-being programs, holidays & paid time off, military leave benefits, and more..
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.