Advanced Business Integrators, Inc. (ABI) Sr. Technical Services Engineer
ABI’s founder has deep roots in technology…financial accounting, payroll, HRIS, and networking. He was introduced to the need for a more efficient technology to automate workforce management in the sports and entertainment industry – and then built that product. ABI staff loves the challenge of automating monumental manual tasks, hence our motto “Managing the Unmanageable”. ABI stands alone in successfully automating clients with high variability and seasonality of their workforce…and we continue to expand year after year into ancillary markets. The environment at ABI is dynamic and challenging, with a feeling of “family” that appreciates, values, and contributes to one another. Whether you want to become part of an awesome team or you seek to expand your professional development, working at ABI allows you to interact with a fabulous group of employees, interact with a great clientele, and be a part of developing and supporting advanced workforce management technology.
Position Performance Profile
The Sr. Technical Services Engineer, under the direction of the Director of Technical Services, applies systems analysis techniques and procedures, network and systems infrastructure administration, and consulting with end users to resolve hardware and software issues and/or system upgrades. This position requires an advanced level of technical skills that incorporate the theoretical and practical application of computer system analysis and the practical application of software/hardware installation and configuration. Working with the Director of Technical Services and/or Sr. Technical Services Administrator, the Sr. Technical Services Engineer analyzes, tests, and manages individual networking and systems projects. After installations and on a continuing basis, the Sr. Technical Services Engineer provides end user training, software implementation, system troubleshooting, telephone support, quality assurance testing, and documentation design.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the maintenance of the internal company network and co-location facilities including server and network hardware and software.
- Providing Support for Systems/Network troubleshooting both internally and to external clients.
- Maintaining industry-standard credentials (see “Requirements” below).
- Configuration, installation, end user training, troubleshooting, and repair of internal and client hardware, software, and accessories.
- Detailed documentation of internal and client networks, including updates based on change management protocols.
- Responsible for the preparation, installation, testing and shipping of ABIMM Terminals, Handhelds, and any other accessory/hardware upon customer request.
- Responsible for the DAILY entry of client issues/resolutions, expenses, and billings into ABI’s T&B and CRM systems
- After-hours and/or on-call functions as directed by management.
Requirements (applications that do not clearly meet these requirements may not be reviewed):
- 2 year degree in Information Technology or equivalent field of study, or applicable professional experience
- Microsoft Certified Professional (2012 or 2016)
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting
- Windows Desktop and Server, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Hyper-V, etc.
- Citrix client connectivity and virtual machines
- Experience in networking, including switching and routing. Very knowledgeable with TCP/IP v4.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50lbs
- Willingness to and ability to obtain a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification
- Willingness and ability to obtain a Citrix Certified Administrator II (CCA) certification
- Availability on weekends and after hours for on-call functions
Desired Skills, Credentials, and Certifications (these items are not required to apply and/or to be hired):
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification
- Cisco CCNA
- In progress with or completed Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- In progress with or completed Citrix Certified Administrator II (CCA) certification
- Experience supporting complex virtual environments, including Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, Xenserver, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare, etc.
- Experience with storage technology including internal, local attached, network attached, iSCSI/FC and SAN.
- Experience supporting data center network environments, including BGP and high availability.
- Experience with Dell Compellent Storage Appliance
- Experience with HPE blade enclosures, servers and switches
- Experience with SonicWALL firewalls and SonicWave Access Points
Advanced Business Integrators, Inc. (ABI) was founded in 1990 and is headquartered in Sacramento, CA. Our goal is to attract and retain long-term employees within a friendly work environment, quality products and challenging work. We offer competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, incentives, and a benefits package (including full medical, dental, vision, long term disability, accidental death/dismemberment, 401-K, cafeteria plan, and life insurance). Interested candidates should submit their resume to: https://ess.abimm.com/APPLY/?v=ABICO&g=02#
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.