About the Team
DoorDash is building the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery. We are seeing hypergrowth globally and expanding our Engineering offices, including right here in Toronto. Toronto is becoming our hub for Global expansion where we work on large scale projects related to our 3-sided 24×7 marketplace including Consumers, Dashers and Merchants, to allow DoorDash to grow around the world.
About the Role
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join at the foundation of our Toronto growth story and lead large scale, deeply technical projects with very high business impact on a global scale. As a Tech lead you will work closely with Product and Ops to digest ambiguous business requirements and turn them into tech designs that you along with other engineers will lead to implement and launch. You will also have a voice on strategic conversations around the vision of the team and serve as the go to person for your stakeholders and leaders, for the area you own. You will constantly work on improving products and systems and uplevel other engineers you will mentor.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a fast growing company and grow right along with us.
- Work on challenging and interesting tech problems which impact millions of customers.
- Get the chance to work on cutting edge technologies and use world class tooling to get the job done.
- Make a large impact across the company through business deliverables and continuous innovation.
- Work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry with the deepest sense of empathy.
- Get support and resources to continuously learn and improve your skills.
What We're Looking For
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and delivering large scale deeply technical projects end to end.
- 8+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer, ideally with strong Tech Lead experience.
- Hands on experience architecting, launching and owning large scale backend systems.
- Able to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Experience with service oriented architecture, writing REST API's, unit testing, and architectural design
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and other technologies (e.g. Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ)
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favourite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.