One Company…Many Careers!
A Day in the Life of a Data Science Internship Lead Statistician/Data Scientist – req11211:
Implementing solutions is critical for success. You will do problem identification, solution proposal & presentation to a wide variety of management & technical audiences, and prepare your graduate students for a career doing the same. This challenging career requires you to work on or manage multiple concurrent projects in a community setting, developing yourself and your team, and advancing data science both at State Farm and externally.
The internship programs are located at the partnering Universities. This role requires collaborating and virtual partnering with modeling associates throughout the company (including limited, occasional travel). The day to day management of the program will include identifying, recruiting, and developing data science talent for the company. Continued professional development is encouraged and supported through training, conferences and assignments to enhance your level of expertise.
• Completed Masters or above in quantitative discipline (statistics preferred), and at least 3 years of experience in advanced predictive modeling in an applied environment – banking, finance, insurance
• Experience in a variety of advanced modeling and machine learning techniques: generalized linear models, survival analysis, clustering, time series, tree based algorithms, and neural networks
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple, diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels
• Exercise sound judgment to diagnose and resolve problems
• Experience with Python, R, or SAS
• Familiarity with version control systems, such as Git
• Experience mentoring or managing technical professionals is a plus
Why Join Our Team? As a potential leader in our data science team, you will work across the organization to solve business problems and help achieve business strategies. You will employ sophisticated, statistical approaches and state of the art technology yourself, and through your graduate student interns. You will leverage the talent in your program to build and refine our tools/techniques and engage with internal stakeholders across the organization to improve our products & services, and develop your team into analytic professionals engaging them in technical and soft skill assignments.
Home to State Farm’s Research & Development Center which is located on the campus of the University of Illinois. This micro-urban community is wonderfully diverse and offers recreational parks, fine dining, festivals and other events hosted by the State Farm Center. Champaign offers low commute times and is within a reasonable commute to our Corporate Headquarters.
The office is located across the street from the University of Georgia in downtown Athens. Living in Athens is a true college town experience. The town is very dedicated to its football team – Go Dawgs!, but has a wealth of other offerings for people that enjoy art, music, sports, and more! There are great neighborhoods and school districts in the area as well. Please note, this location is not in Greece.
What’s In It For You:
- Comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay and bonus potential
- 401k and fully funded pension plan – yes, Both!
- Tuition Reimbursement program – we support opportunities for you to learn and grow
- A Learning Culture: mentoring, conferences, development day i.e. online courses, research papers and more.
- Volunteer opportunities: get involved and join the Neighborhood of Good!
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do.
- Dress for your day philosophy
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
***State Farm does not currently have a business need to consider candidates who require Visa Sponsorship***
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Join our passionate team!
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.