Location: Birmingham or Plymouth or London
About the team
ICF provides research, analysis and advice to policy-makers in the UK and EU. We work on a diverse range of issues, from homelessness to climate change, education to public health. As part of this work we frequently carry out online surveys and consultations of businesses, consumers, and public officials.
About the role
We are looking for a Survey Programmer and Analyst to work with our policy analysts across our project portfolio.
You will be responsible for designing survey questionnaires, scripting those questionnaires within a Voxco Online survey platform, monitoring/managing the online survey and processing and analysing the resulting data, including contributing to written reports and other deliverables that make use of the survey data. You will help to further improve survey design and management procedures and practices.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Programme surveys using the Voxco survey platform
- Provide advice on survey design
- Distribute surveys and monitor responses
- Process, clean and validate data generated through surveys
- Support and quality assure data analysis carried out by other team members
- Liaise with clients on project-related matters
- Contribute to the development of ICF’s survey and analytical functions
- A preference will be given to candidates who can henerate tables and other data outputs according to specifications agreed with project managers (weighting data, running cross-tabulations, calculating confidence intervals, etc.) using statistical software (SPSS, Stata, R etc.)
- Experience of survey programming in Voxco or other survey programming platforms (e.g. ConfirmIt, Askia, Nebu, Qualtrics)
- Experience of conducting data analysis using statistical software (e.g. Excel, SPSS, Stata, R etc.) would be an advantage
- Experience of working in social research is desirable but not essential
- The ability to be flexible, prioritise, multi-task and deliver under strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Familiarity with UK national and EU legal frameworks regarding data privacy and data protection is desirable but not essential
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.