Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people who promote a sense of belonging and equality with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. What’s more, our company balances listening to experiences, providing feedback, and partnership at all levels to create a more inclusive environment. Our team members are able to fully invest in the work that they do, bringing dynamic thinking and energy to Ball Aerospace.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Advanced Technology & Information Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides scientific, engineering and other experts that work with our customers to solve their hardest problems and advance state-of-the-art technology. Our data solutions professionals deliver enterprise processing, analytics, exploitation and management, as well as information technology hardware that provide actionable information for warfighters and decision makers. In addition, our subject matter experts provide world-class technology and operational insight that help organizations advance the boundaries of knowledge and accomplish their missions.
System Administrator Senior – Windows
Senior Windows Systems Administrator providing lead support for the design, implementation, test, troubleshooting and sustainment of IT infrastructure for deployed and back-end mission processing systems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to program leadership. Installs Windows operating system and application software, configures, manages, troubleshoots, maintains the IT infrastructure, including network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements and patches to improve security, reliability and performance.
What You’ll Do:
- Interface with internal customers, security, and management teams for: maintaining production systems, resolving issues with services and physical systems.
- Install, maintain, and support multiple Windows-based workstations and servers on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
- Support engineering applications.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a secure computing environment, including adherence to backup schedules, patching, virus updates, and regular security scanning and remediation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule. Work schedule may be unpredictable and may need to travel on short notice.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Related Bachelor’s and 8 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 16 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph required.
- DoD 8570 IAT-2 certification is required (SEC+, CCNA-Security, GSEC, SSCP, CISA, CISSA, CASP, GSIH or GCED).
- Strong experience installing, configuring, upgrading and migrating Microsoft Windows servers.
- Strong expertise with Microsoft Active Directory, including domain administration, creating, testing, and implementing group policies, and maintaining user and computer objects is desired.
- Practical installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience with Active Directory, Exchange and SCOM/SCCM integration is desired.
- Experience should include planning, configuring, maintaining, patching and monitoring applications in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Expertise with intel-based server class and workstation hardware.
- Expertise troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and related connectivity issues.
- Proficiency with PowerShell, BASH or Python scripting and execution is desired.
- Experience with specialized network environments (air gapped, limited access) is desired.
- Strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS government and non-government locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $127,500 – $177,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.