Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote's success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing the direction of Server and Application environments with an emphasis on supporting Windows and Linux servers. This position also works with the infrastructure team to plan and implement the network infrastructure and computer telephony interface environments. This position will provide leadership and guidance to junior system administrators and members of the helpdesk.
- Develops and Implements Standard operational procedures and policies which will be used to manage and maintain our server environments.
- Works closely with the information Security team to ensure all corporate compliance objectives are met.
- Solve computer related problems, troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Develop, recommend, and implement new or updated technologies and procedures as necessary, including software operating systems and system updates.
- Assess security and upkeep of security in respective knowledge areas.
- Maintain virus security software
- Monitor networked computer equipment
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise and deploy creative solutions.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the Windows/Linux Server in both Cloud and on-premise virtualization environments.
- Provide remote office support
- Maintain anti-spam device/troubleshoot issues involving spam infiltration
- Drive and coordinate incident management
- Manage ongoing Software Virus security updates for Remote PC's
- Maintain, modify, and audit all of Active Directory: including but not limited to OUs and GPOs
- Help oversee and quality control the onboarding and offboarding process for all Active Directory users.
- Lead by example and demonstrate high performance in areas of customer service, collaboration, teamwork, reliability, productivity, and execution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft applications
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization operating systems
- In-depth knowledge of storage and backup utilities
- Strong initiative, with the ability to analyze and adopt a strategic view
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Team player.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with specialization in an information technology field or equivalent combination of related education and work experience
- Minimum 12 years of experience troubleshooting PC's with Windows based applications
- Minimum 10 years of experience troubleshooting virtualization platforms.
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud infrastructure required (Azure/GCP/AWS).
It's an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.